According to kids dentist Newmarket premature tooth loss, much like many other dental and oral problems, can be avoided with some basic preventive measures. These preventive measures include:
- Teach the child to regularly brush and floss, as it impedes the growth of bacteria and plaque.
- Pay special attention to the child’s diet to ensure strong teeth and healthy body.
- Diabetes affected children are more prone to premature tooth loss as they suffer from bone density loss. For them,kids dentist Newmarket recommend osteoporosis and osteonecrosis treatments which replenish bone density.
- To avoid premature tooth loss due to injuries sustained while playing sports, protective equipment like helmets and mouth guards are recommended.
For treating premature tooth loss kids dentist Newmarket determine the cause of early tooth shedding.
Treatment of premature tooth loss due to injury:
- The first step is a careful assessment of the injury to determine the suited treatment.
- In case of a primary tooth loss the dentist inserts a space to retain the gap, so that the permanent tooth can take its place when the time comes.
- In case of a premature permanent tooth loss it is advised to retrieve the tooth, clean it and store it in water or milk before taking it to the dentist. For a tooth to be effectively replanted it is necessary that the shed tooth is in a favourable condition.
- In case the tooth cannot be replanted a dental implant is considered.
Treatment of premature tooth loss due to disease:
- The dentist will determine the disease that is responsible for tooth loss.
- Once the disease is identified kids dentist Newmarket clean, disinfect and prescribe proper medicine for the specific disease.
- In case it was a primary tooth that was shed a space is inserted to maintain the gap.
- In case a permanent tooth is lost because of disease replanting it is out of the question and therefore implant is considered.
For more information, visit http://www.eastriverdental.com/or call on 905-895-8031.