Porcelain veneers, crowns or bridges are ways to protect your teeth that are really broken down or to improve overall To begin, we plan out the treatment according to the beginning state of your teeth. Insurance estimates will be sent appropriately. A mock-up or a digital smile design is created to show a patient what the end result would look like. After a few tweaks, teeth are prepared, impressions taken and sent to the lab where the porcelain is prepared. Patient returns for try in and then for cementation. The whole process may take 2-4 weeks time.
The advantage of Porcelain veneers, crowns and bridges are:
- Porcelain can be colored to make it perfectly match the remaining teeth.
- Porcelain feels just like the natural tooth and is stain resistant and do not require intricate care.
- Porcelain inserts are strong and bonded adding significant strength to the decayed tooth.
- Porcelain inserts are extremely durable and last a long time
Instructions to follow following completion of porcelain inserts:
* Do not eat or chew on this crown for 24 hours.
* Brush and floss every day to keep the margins of the crown clean.
* Bridges will need to be cleaned with a floss threader under the suspended tooth in the middle.
* Immediately after the appointment, there will be slight sensitivity in the gums or the tooth itself which should subside in a few weeks.
* Try salt water rinses and Tylenol or Advil which suit you.
* Please call our office at 905 895 8031 if there are any issues.