Keeping your Smile healthy is our goal at East River Dental Care.
Orthodontics refers to that branch of dentistry which aims correction of the teeth and the jaws that get improperly positioned. Misaligned teeth are hard to clean and can develop a periodontal disease which can lead to early tooth loss. In addition, crowded teeth may hamper chewing and lead to pain, headache, and temporomandibular jaw joint disorders.
Orthodontics can improve the following conditions:
– Crowding issues: This refers to the condition when there are too many teeth in too little space of the mouth.
– Spacing issues: If you have spaces or gaps between your teeth then it is the time to contact an Orthodontist.
– Open bite: This is the condition when the upper incisor crowns do not overlap the lower incisor crowns.
– Underbite: It refers to the state when the lower teeth overlap the upper teeth
– Cross bite: It is the condition where upper teeth do not come slightly in front of lower teeth during normal biting.