Everyone desires to have a healthy set of pearly whites which is why ensuring good oral dental care is significant. This is because poor oral hygiene results in serious dental and medical issues in a later stage. These conditions can range from gum infection, bone loss to strokes or heart issues. So in order to keep your mouth fresh and healthy, it is important to visit your Newmarket dentist, apart from following a proper brushing and flossing regimen.
Proper oral dental care regimen will ensure that plaque doesn’t get accumulated around the empty areas around your teeth. Some easy ways to make sure your teeth are always in good condition are as follows:
- Take your good 3-5 minutes to brush your teeth each day. Never be in haste and follow this routine twice a day. This is what dentists in Newmarket.
- Make sure you use the right toothbrush with soft bristles to clean the area between tooth and gums. Other than using a good toothbrush, using the right brushing technique is also equally important. Keep your brush at 90 degrees and brush in back-and-forth motions.
- Keep your toothbrush clean all the time possibly in a toothbrush holder so as to avoid cross-contamination. Replacing toothbrush from time to time is also a must.
- Flossing forms an important part of your oral regimen. Gently floss your teeth and if you find it a bit difficult, an inter-dental cleaner can come in handy.
- Visiting your dentist in Newmarket is another essential requirement for maintaining your oral dental care.
- Lastly, avoid drinking caffeinated beverages to strengthen your teeth and avoid enamel erosion.
For more information about East River Dental Care on Davis Drive east of Yonge Street in Newmarket, visit www.eastriverdental.com or call on 905-895- 8031.