One of the most common ways to save a badly damaged or infected tooth is by getting treatment for root canal in Newmarket. It is a process that involves removal of the pulp that is the infected area of the tooth. That is done by cleaning and disinfecting the pulp followed by filling and sealing of the tooth. The term root canal basically refers to cleaning of canals of the tooth.
What Should You Expect During Root Canal Procedure?
When you realise the need for root canal in Newmarket, you need to consult your dentist in Newmarket. A series of follow-up visits can be needed for the following:
- X-ray – The first step would be examination of the decayed site done by carrying out an X-ray. This will show up the site of decay that needs treatment.
- Anesthesia– Once the site of decay is found, local anaesthesia is provided to the infected tooth.
- Pulpectomy – In order to remove the decayed site, an opening is made.
- Filling and Sealing – The opened tooth then is filled with gutta-percha material once the damaged pulp is removed. It is later on sealed off and restored.
Following your root canal treatment, you need to give proper care to the restored tooth. Some of the ways of caring for the tooth are:
- Practising good oral hygiene: Brush your teeth twice a day and don’t forget to floss. Care for your restored tooth to avoid future problems.
- Visiting the dentist: After getting root canal in Newmarket, don’t forget to make regular visits to the dentist for examinations and cleanups.
- Not Chewing on hard foods: You must not chew on hard foods that can harm root canals.
For more information about East River Dental Care on Davis Drive east of Yonge Street in Newmarket, visit http://www.eastriverdental.com/ or call on 905-895- 8031.